Wednesday, March 6, 2013

World Read Aloud Day: What A Wonderful Day!



Today was a wonderful day!  Our class Skyped with many wonderful authors.  It was very exciting!  We were able to talk with them and ask them questions too!  Here are a few of the very talented people we Skyped with today: 


Robert Forbes who is the author of poetry books like Beastly Feasts.


Mrs. P, from Mrs. P Storytime


Here is me asking Mrs. P a question.  She is so funny!!!


Our favorite eBooks, in StarWalk Kids Media, in MackinVIA.


This is Seymour Simon.  He is well known for his non-fiction books.  He has been writing for over 40 years.  


Well, guess what,  Now, we is going to be well known for his fiction books too!  
Here's me giving a shout out to his new fiction series...

Overall, it was a really great day!  I didn't want it to end.

Bye for now!

Meridan


4 comments:

  1. Hi Meridan,
    Year 4 in Pontybrenin are also taking part in World read aloud day. What is your favourite story? What is the time difference with you to Wales?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Year 4 Pontybrenin!

      It's so exciting to hear from you guys! My favorite story from Read Aloud Day was "Ghosts", by Seymour Simon. I also enjoyed visiting with Mrs.P from www.mrsp.com. She's really funny!!!

      My mom said the time difference is 6 hours. So, I'm doing things in the morning when you're doing things in the afternoon.

      Bye for now!

      Meridan

      Delete
  2. I sure enjoyed reading with your class! It was pretty neat too how the class from Texas was also able to join us. I am especially glad I got to chat with you too as I love being able to meet (even if virtually) talented writers like you who have entered my writing contest. Thanks! Mrs. P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed meeting you too! It was fun to hear about where you live and your animals. I also loved being apart of your writing contest. You are the best!!!

      Meridan

      Delete