Monday, April 1, 2013

Everyone Can Learn New Technology - Even My Mom!

I thought I would do a blog post about my mom tonight.  She is learning about technology and all these great new tools along with me.  My mom isn't very technically savvy, but she's getting better and at least she tries.  Here's a few things she had to say.  See below:


Well, I feel fortunate to have someone like Meridan to teach me what she is learning in school and from her  teacher-librarian, Mrs. Miller.  Mrs. Miller has opened a new world up for both of us.  It's interesting as a parent because you have a perception that a teacher may think that they are only teaching their students, but when it comes to technology their reach is so wide and vast.  Much of what Meridan is learning and using at school is applicable to my life as well.  She is learning and adopting much more quickly than I ever could, on my own, or through a yearly training session.  Meridan laughed when I wrote that (a teacher may think that they are only teaching their students...)  She said, "Not Mrs. Miller!  She knows better than that!"  So I guess I'm not only learning about technology, but also community and the reach technology has given to all of us.

That sums it up for now!  Thanks mom!  -Until next time!

Meridan (& My Mom)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Meridan and Mom,
    I have met your teacher-librarian, Mrs. Miller, and have even Skyped into her library a few times. I love how you are taking what you are learning at school and helping your mom at home. Technology is such a great thing to know and it is important to learn how to use it properly from the beginning. Keep up the great work and keep on blogging.

    Ms. Paula Naugle
    4th Grade Teacher
    New Orleans, LA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms. Naugle,

      It's Meridan here. Thank you so much for your nice comments. It was very nice of you to visit my blog. I will keep up my work on it. Come back and visit again soon. Thanks!

      Meridan

      Delete
  2. That's great!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee,

      Thank you for your comment and support!

      Meridan

      Delete